Thursday, February 28, 2008
kpo(s): for you

I'm back down in Tassie starting a whole new fantastic year of school. I got back from my roadtrip last weekend in time to send YY off to Brissy. That lucky girl got herself a place in UQ and now she's going to be diving non-stop. You'd be lucky if you catch her out of the water. I really wanted to be a stow-away on that plane or pack myself in her luggage or something... but for obvious reasons, I was unable to and I'm still stuck in Tassie.

The roadtrip was amazing with so much wonderful details that it'll take forever to type them out. Highlights of the trip: Thrilling boat ride out to Cape Bridgewater to watch seals play in the natural habitat. There were hundreds of them on land and in the water flipping and diving as close as 1-2 metres from us; 3 Kangaroos jumping across the small road right in front of our car; Koala crossing the road and another Koala making a lot of noise outside our house; the farmstay and feeding the pony; looking out of place in Melbourne (we were in our trekking attire while everyone else were in their clubbing outfits); visiting all sorts of beautiful landscapes. It wasn't all perfect and smooth though. The trip was littered with a few unfortunate events which kinda made the whole trip a whole lot more memorable. Second day on the road and we got a AUD$440 speeding fine and later that evening realised we got a punctured tyre. We ended off the trip with a AUD$55 parking fine on the last night. How amazing is that?

Now back to my new home. My new room has the exact same layout as my previous one except now I've got an extra horizontal window above my bed. My mornings are now warm and comfy due to the rays from the rising sun coming in from that extra window. Now you can't blame me for not getting out of bed for that 8a.m lecture. My new apartment's on the top floor so I got a nice view of Hobart City, the waterfront and the Tasman bridge from up here. The night lights makes the view a whole lot more spectacular and that horizontal window frames the city like a painting that twinkles. Pweetti!

There's a huge gang of Singaporeans down in Tassie this year. Most of them are doing law including 4 TP law juniors and a senior. They seem like an exciting bunch to hang out with. The Singaporean population here is kinda big now and that would probably mean SSS events would be a whole lot more happening. Now, talking about that... I've well, in a way been offered a role of higher responsibilities, as high as one could possibly go. I am not sure however I want to take on this role. It would be a wonderful experience and will definitely look good on my resume but I am not really in favour of it. A step at a time and we'll see how things go.

My modules this semester will basically take me out of the classroom/lab most of the time. Fieldtrips are lined up one after another and promises a lot of animal handling. Whoopee! Step by step, I'm fulfilling my dream a little at a time. This academic year is going to be very exciting. I can't wait to get out in the field and get dirty.

Alrightey! That's about all there is to know for now. I'm off to decorate my room a little and possibly get some work done.

See ya!


~*~SpRiNg * tAmZ~*~ bloomed MySpace Layouts
8:54:00 AM.