Monday, August 25, 2008
Nasty things happen. They happen when you least expect them to in the most horrible way possible. They take you down from behind. It happens so swiftly you don't know how to react.
Like being smacked in the head with a thick book consisting of a compilation of fairytales. It doesn't matter that in it are fairytales that end happily ever after. It still hurts.
What do you do?
Turn around and slap the person who did it? What if standing there before you was a person you love and respect? One whom you never expect to do something so impossibly mean. Someone whom you turn to for protection, the pillar of strength, the blanket of comfort, the figure you look up to.
It's no longer just the pain of being hit but also the disappointment of being crushed.
That pillar crumbles to your feet.
Lost. I know not what to do. I know not how to face the one person I never thought I'd have a problem facing.

