Sunday, March 20, 2011
Fashion woes

I use to put in a lot more time and thought into what I wear before i step out of the house. I was alsi a lot more adventurous with fashion. I would mix and match various pieces to come up with my own style. Didn't really bother what other people thought as long as it shouts 'ME' and not the norm that every other girl has on. Even my hairstyle was different. I wouldn't pick styles out of a magazine but from my own head describing something the hairdresser would have never come across. If the hairdresser had something new she wanted to try... I'd be a willing candidate. And that hairstyle would change every few months.

These days, i've grown lazy where fashion is concern. Maybe because age is catching up but i find myself leaning towards safe and versatile pieces rather than the loud colours and designs i preffered. I keep my hair long and straight with the occasional trims... little change in style or length. I've gone from fashion whore to fasion bore. Sigh.

I've been thinking that i just don't dress up often enough these days. Mostly because of my line of work. I am most often in a work tshirt and jeans (for workshops in the museum) or tshirt and fieldpants (for out in the field). Workshops and fieldtrips happen almost everyday... leaving me with very few days where i can dress up. When i say dress up, it still involves wearing jeans/pants with a fanciful top because work needs me to run, bend, squat and climb, which is neither skirt- nor dress-friendly.

The point of all these is that i miss dressing up. I should put more effort into dressing up whenever i get a chance to. To prevent me from getting lazy and just giving up when i can't find things to wear in my wardrobe, i shall attempt to take an outfit shot everytime i head out and put it up here. Think that would be encouragement enough to put in more effort and creativity into dressing up?

I think that will make me shop more too... but oh well... we can only deal with one problem at a time.


~*~SpRiNg * tAmZ~*~ bloomed MySpace Layouts
8:07:00 PM.