Saturday, March 26, 2011
First try
Had the day off yesterday and had a great sleep-in. I had decided since i wrote my previous post that i'd be going out shopping on this day off. When i woke up, i decided to see what i could do with whatever i've got first. So what did i do? I played dress up! Threw out some of the clothes out of my wardrobe onto my bed, pick out some accessories, and started mixing and matching whatever i've got.
Turns out I could create quite a few outfits with what i've got. This is good for finding out what it is i really need to get and not just head out and shop blindly.
I went out with a shopping list in my head that i followed somewhat. =)
It's my first time out since i made the promise to dress up (was out in the field most of the week). So what did i wear out on this shopping day and date night with the boy?


Matched my multi-purpose versatile black skirt with a bold mustard plain top that i just bought. There! my little step away from the safe and drab colours. What i had was plain so to add a little oomph and a little bit of ME, i added one of my mum's old scarf. Now that was a tricky piece. I was experimenting the best way to carry it around my neck without it looking like my guides' uniform.
I think i did it right. The boy actually told me he liked my outfit! Something he almost never did. =D
Yay for first try? What'd you think?
Turns out I could create quite a few outfits with what i've got. This is good for finding out what it is i really need to get and not just head out and shop blindly.
I went out with a shopping list in my head that i followed somewhat. =)
It's my first time out since i made the promise to dress up (was out in the field most of the week). So what did i wear out on this shopping day and date night with the boy?


Matched my multi-purpose versatile black skirt with a bold mustard plain top that i just bought. There! my little step away from the safe and drab colours. What i had was plain so to add a little oomph and a little bit of ME, i added one of my mum's old scarf. Now that was a tricky piece. I was experimenting the best way to carry it around my neck without it looking like my guides' uniform.
I think i did it right. The boy actually told me he liked my outfit! Something he almost never did. =D
Yay for first try? What'd you think?

